Stepping Out From the Shattered Place

The Lord has had me on an incredible journey. I finally feel like I am stepping out from the shattered place into Gods healing hands.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

So I am a tiny bit weird. I bought a wreath today and as I drove home I realized if I put it on the front door I will never see it and what is the point of that. I decided to hang it on the inside of the front door. This way I can see and be happy.

Really I am not in the Christmas mood this year, those that have known me a long time will say what year where you in the mood. This year I am really trying to be. I bought and listened to Christmas music, I have found some perfect gifts for people I care about, my living room smells like pine and has a pretty wreath in it. I even talked to a friend who owns a tree farm about finding me a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" this year. I have thoughts of going in the attic and getting down the nativity scene. Ok so the attic is not something I can manage by myself, I can't get up there. Any volunteers to come over and get it down for me. :-D

It is not Christmas I dislike so much, it is the whole Santa thing and that it starts at the end of October now. That is what drives me crazy. Christmas use to be about Christ, good will towards all, and peace on earth. It seems that these days it is about shopping and who's yard has the biggest display of red plastic junk and twinkle lights, or what toy is the hot item that you must get for your child even if you have to push someone out of your way to get it.

I don't mind a Jingle Bell or Winter Wonderland song playing but Grandma got run over by a Reindeer come on what's so Christmas about that. I won't turn on a radio between now and the new year because the songs about Christ are never played (might offend someone with that you know) and what they do play has nothing to do with the reason for the season.

Call me a Grinch call me Scrooge I don't care, I miss Christmas and what it was all. This thing they call Christmas now well you can keep it. This year I am going to enjoy the holiday and I am going to keep it the way it is meant to be kept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a