Stepping Out From the Shattered Place

The Lord has had me on an incredible journey. I finally feel like I am stepping out from the shattered place into Gods healing hands.

Friday, August 12, 2005

A much better dinner companion

Tonight I had a much better dinner companion. I picked up my friends son and took him to the same place I went last night. We sat in the same waiter's section and he teased me a bit about have a better dinner companion tonight.

We picked up the fixings for ice cream sundays and I introduced him to the world of Frank Capra. We watched one of Capra's best Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

I was watching him out of the corner of my eye to see his reaction to the movie. I had a hard time suppressing my laughter. He had that OH NO a BLACK AND WHITE movie look. He settled himself in to take a nap while the movie played. He was so sure he was going to hate it.

The only problem is he didn't hate it. He got into it. He was asking questions about when the movie was made and if that is really what DC looks like. He was so engrossed in the movie that when the pace of the movie picks up near the end he sat up and leaned in closer.

I asked him when it was over what he thought and he confessed that he intended to look like he was watching it but that he figured he would fall asleep and hope that I wouldn't notice. He said that he was willing to sit through it because he loves me but was really sure he was going to hate it. He also said he was glad that he gave it a chance because it was a good movie. He is now interested in seeing some other movies made by Capra. I have corrupted another young mind. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a