Stepping Out From the Shattered Place

The Lord has had me on an incredible journey. I finally feel like I am stepping out from the shattered place into Gods healing hands.

Monday, October 03, 2005

quiet

I drove home from hugging a broken hearted teen and my mind began to wander, I played the book on tape I had in my car.

I am home and settling in for the night again thoughts crowd my mind, I popped in a movie.

I can't stand to be alone with my thoughts. I can't stand the quiet. In the quiet my mind wanders to sad places and momories I can't yet face.

If the quiet is this hard for me I can imagine how hard it is for Sheldon and Vikki. Please continue to pray for all of us touched by this loss.

Scott sat in his living room for so long that the ME doesn't think we will ever know the cause of death.

My face is blotchy I seem to cry at random times. It's always when it is quiet and my mind is free to wander. To stop the tears I guess I am stopping the quiet.

Mercy Me has a song called Homesick this is how I feel.

Mercyme - Homesick Lyrics

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

I've never been more homesick than now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a