Stepping Out From the Shattered Place

The Lord has had me on an incredible journey. I finally feel like I am stepping out from the shattered place into Gods healing hands.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

To be appreciated/I am such a girl sometimes

The last morning that I opened the store two customers that I let in before we are open left me a little something. The confirmed that this was indeed my last opening then as they said see you later they slid an envelope on the counter.

When I came back to the counter there it was. I was surprised. I opened it there was a 20 dollar bill which was very generous but that wasn't the part that got me. The card said thank you for letting us in and listening to our stories and jokes. Neither of them asked me why I was leaving they knew. Too often they had been there when the boss decided that what other people did was my fault and yelled at me for it. To often they saw her berate me for something ridiculous because she was in a bad mood. When they heard the news they asked if it was true when I said yes they said they would miss me but that they knew why I was leaving.

They took 5 minutes to tell me that they appreciated me knowing that lack of appreciation was a big part of why I was leaving.

I used that 20 to buy 2 CDs that I wanted so that I will always remember them when I play them. May it be a reminder to me to appreciate people in my life. Their 5 minutes made my day. I confess I cried. I will miss those guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a