Stepping Out From the Shattered Place

The Lord has had me on an incredible journey. I finally feel like I am stepping out from the shattered place into Gods healing hands.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My first test went much better then expected and I am very pleased with the result but I don't think I can take credit for it. I think it has everything to do with doing all I could and then asking God to take over, and he did! I am now hard at work on the second week of class and prepping for the 2nd test. We have the joy of a test every week, one of the not so great aspects of the 8 week semester.

I am sitting here feeling rather sad. My day was a good one until about an hour ago. I read the news that the actor who plays the Doctor on Doctor Who is leaving the show. Nothing new in the history of the show, he is the tenth Doctor after all. I am fond of this Doctor the actor is brilliant in the part and I really and truly sad that he is leaving. I am not a fan of change and I don't have many shows that I watch this one I love and changing the lead is not a change I am up for.

I didn't mind when the ninth Doctor left the actor was good and the show was good but with the tenth Doctor I grew to love the show and now the inevitable end has come and I want to rebel!

I had a feeling this was coming many have speculated about when he would leave but I was content not knowing. Since I didn't know I could hope. The big thing is he is not the only one leaving. It has been announced that Steven Moffat will replace Russell T Davies as executive producer Phil Collinson is no longer a producer he left during the last series and Julie Gardner is also leaving another of the executive producers. I don't know what the up coming specials contain but as of right now there is no companion. Anyone introduced during the special will not have time to become comfortable before the show returns for it's fifth season with a new Doctor and entirely new production staff.

That much change in a well loved show is never good for the show. Granted Moffat wrote several of the best episodes but while his style is nice for a change his style and Davies style are very different and again that much change all at once best way to loose viewers like me.


I know I have to get better about accepting change and I also know that it is silly to be upset over an actor leaving a tv show but I am me and I am sad about this silly or not. My heart really did sink when I heard this news even though I was expecting to hear it sooner or later.

The question I have for myself other then what will I watch now is what does this say about me as a person?

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott R. Davis said...

What it says is that you are a fan of the show and identify with the characters and their lives. That is all a part of the life and the conflicts that man faces in life. Good lessons to learn as you help others in real life grow through their experiences.

scott

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a